Below is a summary of the topics discussed recently by the committee.
Present: Ian, Chris, Marlene, Brian, Margot.
1. Summer Programme suggestions: Dorstone Snodhill, tump, Arthur’s Stone, Bredwardine, dig. Longtown Castle; Credenhill; Llangarron, Rev Jones; Kentchurch. Try to get knowledgeable guides.Suggestions from members, get idea of support, IMS draft message to members.
2. Winter Programme suggestions:
David Whitehead Hfds and Civil war; River Voices: Marsha O’Mahoney, Mediaeval Houses of Hereford new book author, Penny Platts, More ideas please. Trellech mediaeval town for 2020.
3. East Ridge Project: Dr Keith Ray had questioned long term possibility at present, he is committed to Dorstone for the near future. Field walks after ploughing next best thing. IMS tell KR, TH.
: £6410 current balance.
Marlene advised that she wishes to resign as treasurer at the AGM. she was warmly thanked for her contribution.
5. Rotherwas Together Hidden Gems bid . Ian had been to the Rotherwas Together meeting. We support their funding bid for a hi tech app for a Rotherwas history trail in principle but want to ensure that it integrates with our Heritage Trail. Ian to contact RT.
6. Membership: Down 6, 1 new. Encourage more with summer programme.
Dinedor Camp: Margot said how much better it was looking.
TESCO: reminder to all to shop at local Tescos and get tokens and vote for Dinedor Camp funding!
Links with Fownhope project? Margot to get more details